Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Cooking & things

I've been holding off on publishing this post for some reason, I think it was for the lack of photos.  I have some of the deliciousness I have made.  We are fast approaching Christmas, it is a light year for presents.  I wasn't feeling very inspired to splurge and actually gave myself a budget this year.  As I suspected, the cooking project with my bestie is at a standstill...last I chatted with her she hadn't made the harissa roasted veggies, she did confirm harissa is great with tuna.  

It has been a few weeks since I posted. I left off last at cooking, I managed to make a spinach lasagna and pumpkin chili. 

The pumpkin chili recipe was not very clear on if you had to rinse and drain the beans or dump the can in. I, of course, dumped the cans in and later realized it was pretty soupy. I just added an extra can of black bean, drained and rinsed. It was good chili, I was unable to taste the pumpkin but others were able to. 

I also made spinach lasagna, it was the easiest thing I have ever made. No boil lasagna noodles, store bought red sauce, three cheeses, and spinach.  It was freakin' good. 

My 35th birthday came and went. I celebrated by eating cheese with old friends and having homemade cake with family. 

I volunteered being a turkey runner the next day for Fair Food Farmstand.  People ordered turkeys, pheasants, oysters, and other goods and I was to run from the store to the cooler in the basement to retrieve them.  I managed to walk 5 1/2 miles and the largest turkey I carried was 28 lbs.  I was exhausted after this, covered in turkey drippings because they were fresh. It was an awesome experience and was glad to help.  The Reading Terminal Market has some great, vibrant people working there and it was interesting to see the underbelly.

Thanksgiving happened. Lovely and low key.

Nature walks. Baby shower. Christmas Market. Headaches. CBD oil. Card making. Vermont. Cookie exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment