Monday, January 2, 2017

Hello 2017!

New Year's Eve has never been my favorite night, there is so much built up around it.  This year I stayed home, made an epic cheese plate and hung out with my old cat.  I watched the ball drop and then went to bed shortly after.  It was probably the best New Year's Eve I have had in a long time.

No, I didn't eat it all. 



My girl, Skitz
I didn't make any resolutions or choose an intention.  I created a mind map, it helped with clarifying my goals.  2017, the year that I make many changes to become the person I want to be.


This is my mind map. 
While I sat on my couch on the 1st, watching tv I realized I was happy but, lonely.  I rejoined tinder.  I added photos that weren't terrible, I tried to add one that was hilarious that my niece took but, the app is shitty at best and I was unable to do so.  Then, it dawned on me a day later that I also rejoined tinder to not focus on the stuff that needs to get done.  MY GOALS.  MY MIND MAP!  Damn my mind trickery....focus...focus.

 I know it sounds like and sometimes feels like I am not doing much but...I am.  I woke up on the 1st and made a decent breakfast.  Carrot cake oatmeal.  I didn't take a picture because it isn't the prettiest food but, it was tasty.  The leftovers were even better because the raisins got a little plump, that's the way I like them, just a little bloated.

I've been practicing calligraphy every day for a little while now.  I'm trying out inks that I actually got last Christmas.  I decided a week or two ago to choose lady quotes to focus on.  I feel like I wasn't exposed to great things that women have said throughout history and for every one quote I find by a woman there are dozens more by men.  I just want to make them stand out a little more in my mind.

This quote is from the 1st.
I've also logged 4 miles outside over the past two days out of the 365 mile challenge I am participating in.  It doesn't seem like much but, it is for someone who is content chillin' with her cat in bed all day. That's right, I basically am promising myself to be active and outside all year long.  Anyone want to try snowshoeing?  Cross country skiing?  Hiking?

John Heinz Wildlife Refuge 

Ridley Creek State Park 





No comments:

Post a Comment